Boomerang Tours held a well-attended dinner event for travel agents on Monday in Mississauga, replete with trade show, presentations, roundtable discussions and prize giveaways.
Hosted and emceed by Michael Mullin, Canadian director of sales & marketing at Boomerang and Exotik Tours, more than a dozen partners were on-hand to share what’s new and noteworthy for the upcoming season.
Guest suppliers included tourism boards from Fiji, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, Samoa and New Zealand, Air Tahiti Nui, Fiji Airways and Air New Zealand, along with hotel and cruise representatives from Cook Islands, Fiji, Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, and points in-between throughout the South Pacific.
“This marks the first time we’ve ever had so many suppliers here in the east,” Mullin said. “I’m thrilled to have so many key people here and representing all of the beautiful islands.” Other Eastern Canada stops this week include Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City before the road show heads west next week, with scheduled dates in Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria and Vancouver.
New this year, Boomerang has replaced its former print brochure with a new online format with pricing included. Along with this shift, a new print magazine highlighting partner destinations will launch shortly, with a focus on travel destinations, itinerary concepts and ideas designed to entice and inspire travelers.
“And our website is updated weekly,” Mullin said, “highlighting ‘What’s hot?’, and an array of ‘Promotions’ pdf’s – all available to print out along with your travel agent contact information included to share with clients.” Boomerang Tours’ website is also simple to navigate and convenient for travelers to view. “It’s intended for travel agents,” he added, “but it’s also very consumer friendly.”
Some other newsworthy and notable highlights from Boomerang Tours and their South Pacific partners include:
- Cook Islands: Travellers who book before Nov. 14, 2014 and travel Nov. 2, 2014 to May 31, 2015 qualify for the $100 NZD ‘Cooks Cash’ Promotion, whereby travelers receive a credit card loaded with cash to use and spend in a variety of local participating restaurants and shops. And travel agents who register to be a Destination Specialist and have clients who book travel prior to Nov. 14 receive a $25 cash card for use in Canada. Register through Boomerang Tours or at ParadiseInCookIslands.com/ca
- Air Tahiti Nui: Just a comfortable and easy eight-hour flight from L.A., Air Tahiti Nui offers a sweeter way to get to Tahiti. Not only have they dropped fares on connecting flights to L.A. for a limited time (and offer special deals from Canada to Tahiti - book by Oct. 25), their fleet now includes refurbished aircraft and new in-flight entertainment. More information is available at www.airtahitinui-usa.com.
- South Pacific Tourism Exchange: With this year’s broadcast confirmed for Melbourne, Australia, save the dates of June 19 - 20, 2015 for the annual online webinar offering South Pacific ‘Destination Specialist’ training. Registration is free, and registrants are eligible to win a luxurious six-night stay in spectacular Vanuatu. Visit www.sptexchange.org for more details.
In business for more than 24 years, Boomerang Tours specializes in the South Pacific as a travel destination, and excel at everything from top of the line luxury to backpackers in transit. At the evening’s event, Boomerang revealed their ‘Top 7 Tours & Itineraries Sold’:
- Tahiti – FIT Resort, multi-island and romance packages
- Australia – FIT Touring
- New Zealand – Coach tours: AAT Kings & APT
- New Zealand – Self-drives and campervans
- Fiji – Beach stays and stopovers
- The Cook Islands – Beach stays and long stays
- South Pacific – Island hopping, including Vanuatu and Samoa
For more information, visit BoomerangTours.ca or call 1-888-722-4212.
Photo: Michael Mullin, Canadian director of sales & marketing at Boomerang and Exotik Tours