Next week, for #GivingTuesday (the Tuesday after Thanksgiving in the United States, often written as a form of hashtag activism), Globus family of brands is shining a light on some of the company’s Lighthouse Project partnerships to raise awareness of worthy projects, causes and experiences that support a better tomorrow.
The Lighthouse Project, which was unveiled in 2021, is focused on three, give-back categories:
- Planet: Conserve and preserve in each destination visited. To protect waterways and wildlife and shine a light on organizations that do the same.
- People: Protect, respect and support the extraordinary communities of the world as well as improving the individual lives within them.
- Places: The parks, palaces, museums and monuments we enjoy today are the result of previous generations passionately committed to preservation. By way of the Lighthouse Project, we aim to pay-it-forward so that future generations can enjoy the same glorious places.
“For nearly a century, we have cast a light on the world’s most fascinating places and people,” said Scott Nisbet, CEO for the Globus family of brands. “Along the way, we’ve helped travellers uncover ancient traditions while meeting the locals dedicated to preserving them; to walk historic hallways while giving back to the societies that safeguard them and to put down guidebooks and pick up a greater understanding of the world and its people. We’ve done this while also investing in the planet, preserving sacred places and helping humankind. Now, with the Lighthouse Project, we’re lighting a path for travellers to get involved.”
Currently, the Globus family of brands spotlights nearly 50 causes as part of its Lighthouse Project.
Here are just a few that can benefit from traveller and advisor support on #GivingTuesday:
- The Ocean Cleanup: Every year, millions of tons of plastic bottles and other disposable products enter our beautiful oceans, mostly by way of rivers, impacting our ecosystems, our communities, and our health. The Globus family of brands is proud to partner with The Ocean Cleanup, a global nonprofit spearheading the largest plastic cleanup in history to rid our oceans and rivers of harmful pollution.
- Trees4Travel: Trees4Travel encourages travellers to explore and experience the globe with a slower, more thoughtful approach while simultaneously planting trees and forests to remove CO2 from the air. Planting trees for travel is a simple but powerful act dedicated to reversing climate change while creating a safe, sustainable planet for future generations to enjoy. As part of its partnership with Trees4Travel, Avalon Waterways is offsetting the carbon footprint of every guest’s cruise experience by donating tens of thousands of trees to Trees4Travel.
- Landmine Design: Landmine Design, a social enterprise committed to educating and providing jobs for women living in poverty in Cambodia, has provided dozens of women with the opportunity to safely work at home with their children by rolling paper beads and crafting them into beautiful jewelry. The Globus family of brands is proud to support the Landmine Design community and to help turn a cycle of despair into a circle of hope.
- The Pathways Project: The Pathways Project is a coalition of leading travel organizations dedicated to broadening access to career paths in travel that lack diversity, from tour guides to entrepreneurship. Through this partnership, Globus is helping the Pathways Project illuminate diverse, equitable and inclusive opportunities for people of color to get trained- and land tour director jobs across North America.