Celebrity Cruises has launched a new content series spotlighting leaders and crew members across its fleet, diving into their real-life stories and their achievements.
Called “The Tangerine Table,” each 10-minute episode will feature a small group of Celebrity officers or crew sharing their career journeys, the people and places that have inspired them along the way, and their lives at sea.
The series name is a nod to the colour of The Magic Carpet, which appears on Celebrity’s Edge Series ships.
The first episode, out today (March 8), honours International Women’s Day with an encouraging “SEA it to BE it” message from the groundbreaking women aboard the line’s flagship Celebrity BeyondSM, including:
- Captain Kate McCue, the first and only American female captain of a cruise ship and the world’s most-followed mariner on social media;
- First Officer Elizabeth Marami, Kenya's first female marine pilot and first licensed Chief Officer, Navigation.
- Executive Pastry Chef Atziri Chavez - a Mexican-born talented master of the culinary arts who proudly boasts her well-deserved black scarf;
- Jelena Vukelic, a Serbian-born wine expert that serves as the ship’s Cellar Master.
Viewers can tune into the conversation and watch full episodes on both YouTube and Facebook, while also seeing short and impactful clips on Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn.
“Our extraordinary officers and crew are the real stars of Celebrity Cruises and it’s high time we shine a light on them and their life on the high seas,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, president and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “This is an exciting avenue for them to share their stories and by doing so, inspire both our followers and the next generation of mariners along the way.”
Episodes will launch throughout the year and feature a diverse range of positions across Celebrity’s fleet from the Engine Room to the Bridge.
Two additional episodes this month will feature some of the line’s Captains, both male and female, and a group of Celebrity’s women Hotel Directors.
The Captain’s Chair
Presenting a look at life at sea from the helm, this episode features a group of Celebrity’s Captains and their perspective on how best to be supportive, uplifting and a force of encouragement for their crew, guests and young people in today’s world.
Moderated by Lutoff-Perlo, the group brings more than 90 years of experience in the industry to the Table and features:
- Vice President of Marine Operations, Captain Manolis Alevropoulos,
- Captain Dimitris Kafetzis, Celebrity Beyond and, beginning later this year, Celebrity AscentSM
- Captain Matt Karandreas, Celebrity Summit
- Staff Captain Maria Gotor, Celebrity Edge
The Director’s Chair
From ensuring all guests onboard have a superior experience to thoughtfully managing more than 1,000 crew, Hotel Directors fill one of the most prestigious and high-pressure positions onboard.
This episode will provide an inside look at life onboard and what it takes to manage these careers, all the while serving as an inspiration for women worldwide, featuring:
- Niina Hautaniemi, Celebrity Apex
- Danuta Nosidlak, Celebrity Edge
- Andrea Muegge, Celebrity Millennium
- Deborah Poortier, Celebrity Constellation
Additionally, throughout Women’s History Month in March, followers of Celebrity’s social media accounts can enjoy a “day in the life” style content featuring women across the company.
Watch the first episode here!