Travel Agent Support
The Travel Agent Next Door
The Travel Agent Next Door is a Host Travel Agency dedicated to supporting and providing business building tools to help Travel Agents succeed in their business. The Travel Agent Next Door is now hiring a Travel Agent Training Manager for its head office in downtown Toronto, located by Union Station.
This position requires an energetic individual who possesses exceptional training and customer service skills along with an ability to multi-task and likes being involved in many aspects of training.The Travel Agent Training Manager will create a training strategy and will be responsible for ensuring its execution. They will also perform training in person and training via webinar on all products offered by The Travel Agent Next Door including Clientlinq accounting, building your business and product training. The Manager will supervise two staff in the training department.
- Determining the needs of our travel agents in order to help grow their business
- Develop a training strategy
- Implementation of the strategy
- Creating and reviewing training materials including step by step instructions, videos etc.
- Working with our preferred and approved suppliers to ensure understanding of their products
- Conducting training sessions via webinar.
- Live training for New Agents on all systems and programs offered by The Travel Agent Next Door
- Providing excellent customer service and support to our agents
- Prioritize, organize and follow through on training issues until the clients have a complete understanding of the material being covered.
- Reporting on training
- Internal updating of our Extranet, reports and other duties as assigned.
- Researching developments in training
- ClientLinq an asset
- Must have excellent presentation skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills (grammar is very important)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with agents, suppliers and head office staff
- Experience producing training materials
- Technical skills training experience.
- Ability to think “Outside the box” when the situation calls for it.
- Willingness to travel (conference, regional meetings etc.)
- Team player and a great attitude!
- Travel & Tourism Diploma or other travel related experience
- 2-5 years of experience as a trainer required.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Power Point and MS Office.
If you are interested in applying for this position. please send a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website to learn more about our company www.thetravelagentnextdoor.com
Job Type: Full-time
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills, quick thinker
- Must be able to multi-task
- 3+ years travel industry experience
- TICO Certified is an asset
- Knowledge of Clientlinq
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, google docs and sheets)
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Must be a team player
This is an excellent, full time, long term opportunity with a young and innovative company. The position is located in Toronto and is easily accessible by TTC or GO train.