|The job role requires someone who is able to influence, persuade, and motivate clients to purchase vacation travel focusing on the South and European destinations. The goal is to gain loyal and repeat customers striving to secure life-long clients.
- Generate revenue, meet established monthly and yearly sales and revenue targets;
- Communicate confidently and enthusiastically to advise clients on travel options offered by our various partners to close sales; In a resourceful, entrepreneurial and thorough manner research and book travel products using our website; Apollo; Consul PC; Galileo Vacations and the internal reservation systems;
- The ability to use the Internet effectively to service customer needs;
- Be alert to changing trends; customer needs and be able to adapt the services to the client’s needs even when difficult circumstances arise;
- Able to quickly determine specific client needs and source solutions using all tools available, remaining focused on the goal and being able to gain successful sales results while actively soliciting and promoting new travel business;
- Ability to sell travel packages in all product categories to include the preparation of complex itineraries with a mix of products;
- Promote management fees for each file and attain company’s objectives such as CRM, PURL, insurance programs and Air Miles Rewards.
Transat would like to thank all candidates who have shown an interest by applying on a position. However after a thorough profile review, only the retained candidates will be contacted.
- TICO certified
- Minimum two (2) years selling experience within an agency environment;
- Experience in planning and booking travel packages containing a mix of products including domestic and international products;
- Ability to influence using proficient sales and prospecting techniques while building friendly and positive relationships;
- Strong communicator; participative; enthusiastic; optimistic; accommodating; energetic; verbal and active;
Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Apollo, Consul PC, Galileo Vacations or equivalent;
- Perform basic mathematical calculations including percentages to complete travel sales transactions;
- Flexible working schedule and able to work out of standard regular hours to participate in tradeshows, conferences, sales events and as part of the role;
- Able to adapt quickly to a varied and changing environment;
- Flexible and open to relocate to other agencies;
- Able to successfully manage multiple clients and their travel requests;
- Fluency in English, spoken and written; Bilingual in French would be an asset;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.