Group Sales Representative (1 year)
Transat Tours Canada
Be part of the journey!
The incumbent will solicit, coordinate and manage group business for Transat and provide excellent customer service while increasing sales and maximizing revenues ensuring the company remains competitive in the market place.
- Manage all aspects of group booking from start to finish including quality control;
- Answer and respond to calls from travel agents regarding availability, prices, product information and general group inquiries;
- Work with designated key accounts to manage their group business;
- Quote group space and perform follow up in order to secure maximum sales;
- Achieve expected sales targets;
- Negotiate specifics contracts;
- Communicate with Supervisors to provide market intelligence related to groups;
- Process price match requests;
- Cross sell and promote key product & ancillary products as required;
- Work and assist the group administrators to ensure file updates are complete;
- Adhere to department processes, policies and product updates;
- Participate in travel shows, familiarization trips and product launches as necessary.
- Travel and tourism diploma or training in tourism;
- 2 – 3 years travel industry experience, groups or call center experience an asset;
- Sales experience; ability to close sales;
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work closely within a team environment;
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, multitask and work under pressure;
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Must be flexible & adaptable with working hours including shift work, weekends and statutory holidays;
- Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word & Excel;
- Knowledge of TTS, Radixx, an asset;
- Be analytical with above average understanding of accounting.
Transat would like to thank all candidates who have shown an interest by applying on a position. However after a thorough profile review, only the retained candidates will be contacted.